Friday, April 1, 2011

Waiting on... Friday?

Okay, I know it is supposed to be Waiting on Wednesday, but we posted Lazy Book Club on Wednesday this week, and I am very (VERY) excited about two books being released next week. So, I'm breaking the rules. I know, wild and crazy.

The first book that I am ridiculously excited about is a no-brainer, City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare!


The idea of more Jace is almost as exciting as the video that was leaked this week! *Ahem* And, of course more of Cassandra Clare's amazing stories. She is truly a great storyteller and I can't wait to see what she has in store for Jace, Clary, Simon, and the rest of her characters. I'm sure I'll be staying up late on Monday night to download this one as soon as it is available on April 5th.

The second book I'm waiting for is Where She Went by Gayle Forman. If you all haven't read If I Stay, please go do so! It is definitely one of my favorite books. You can read my recommendation here.


Honestly, I had no idea that there would be a second book to If I Stay. It doesn't really need one, but I'm not complaining. I'm very curious to see how Gayle Forman will turn this into something worthy of following the first book. I have no doubts that it can be done, because her writing is beautiful and moving. I'm really looking forward to sinking into this book!

So there you have it. Now you all know what I'll be doing next week! April 5th is the release date for both of these books. What about you all? Are you anxiously awaiting either of these, or is another book causing you to count down the days until release?

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Uggggh, I was just checking the book store online to see if by some chance City of Fallen Angels got released a few days early!!! (And that would be a big sad no.) I am so excited for this one!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I watched the official book trailer for City of Fallen Angels-and it's so corny-so I had to share it! (Sorry Ms. Clare-it does not do any of the characters justice). I'm sure you all saw it already-but it made me giggle-and you'd be the to appreciate it :) The dark haired chicky who is the sister of Alec or whoever is like ubermegabustygonnafalloutofhercorset. (I've only read city of bones-and can't remember all of the names-hence "dark haired chicky").
    Here's the post from EW.com
    'Mortal Instruments': Official trailer for 'City of Fallen Angels' http://bit.ly/feyVbt

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think!