Sunday, March 14, 2010

Reading Rain-bow: Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken



I'm a sucker for wizards, witches, and magic. I will pretty much read anything that has some element of magic. When @katarinasmama offered to send me her copy of Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken with the promise of a hot wizard (!!), I did not hesitate to accept. And, with a synopsis that starts, "Sydelle Mirabil is living proof that, with a single drop of rain, a life can be changed forever," I'm so glad I did. How could I resist this book?




Brightly Woven was a fantastic read. Drama, intrigue, a strong-minded (if sometimes stubborn) heroine, and yes, the promised swoon-worthy (if sometimes impertinent) wizard.

The action in Brightly Woven starts out quickly. Literally within the first ten pages, a ten year drought ends in Sydelle's village and a mysterious stranger with a "roguish charm," shows up [enter hot wizard]. Sometimes it takes a while to settle into a book, but not so with Brightly Woven. I was hooked immediately and had to keep reading to find out more.

One of the things I loved about this book is that the action didn't let up, and it was always surprising. One moment Sydelle and North would be having dinner, and the next fighting for their lives. This book is exciting, and it is that way throughout. Also? It made me laugh. I laughed out loud more than a few times while reading this book.

Brightly Woven will be available March 23rd from EgmontUSA. I'm definitely recommending this one, and even recommending you pre-order. It's that good.

Links for Brightly Woven:
Read @katarinasmama's wonderful review of Brightly Woven over at MundieMoms
and Books By Their Cover's review here.

Follow Alexandra Bracken on twitter


So, will you be pre-ordering? Are you as easily swayed by hot wizards as I am? Let me know!









1 comment:

  1. Let's just say that North is hot! And well, he fits a profile of Fictional Boys I Love. Because he is a Broken Boy Who Always Does the Right Thing. *sigh* Rain, what a great review. It summarizes my feelings perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think!